A process essay is a typical “how-to” paper that describes some process or workflow, hence the name. The primary idea behind this type of essay is to give a step-by-step explanation of a process that leads to a planned or expected outcome. The paper may revolve around a concrete or precise and an abstract process.
We can divide process essay into to major types:
- Directional – provides step-by-step instructions on how to get something done
- Informational – analyzes or explains a process
Benefits of writing an process essay
Even though it’s not something we usually think about, every essay has its role that goes beyond the arguments or processes you discuss. We are talking about a greater purpose, the impact this essay will have on your skills. Believe it or not, every assignment in school or college has a goal to improve or develop some valuable skills and process essay is not an exception. Here are some skills you can develop with process essay:
- Analytical skills – every course of action is logical, has its own flow, and your goal is to represent that. In order to write this essay, you need to think analytically. That’s the best way to describe dynamic of some process and keep the reader’s interest. Of course, you can transfer this skill to many other aspects of your life and future employment
- Prioritizing – essays require precise expressions, vague language impairs the quality. While researching you’ll come across different info and resources, but not all of them can nor should be included in your paper. In order to make things work, you need to prioritize one piece of information over the other. That way, you’ll include valuable info only, without tainting your essay with unnecessary things
- Following instructions – every process has its beginning, middle, and end. Each step is equally important. The ability to describe every part of the process in a suitable manner improves your capacity of following instructions; which can come handy in every aspect of your life
- Attention to details – seemingly unimportant details play a huge role in every process or course of action. While writing the process essay, you need to pay attention to these details, in order to provide clear instructions or step-by-step guide, explanation, etc. At the same time, you’re sharpening this skill which can be practical at work (or any other part of your life) later on
Essay Editors that may help
Areas of interest
Everything that happens in this universe (or beyond) is a process. The world is comprised of processes and each of them can be described in an essay. Therefore, your process essay can be about:
- Interpersonal communication
- Social media
Process essay outline
Wondering how to write a process essay if you’ve never worked on this assignment before? Or maybe you want to learn how to improve the structure of your paper for a better grade. This outline can help you:
- Introduction – although most students don’t pay too much attention to introductory paragraph it is essential. Why? This paragraph sets the tone of the essay and informs the reader about its subject. Your introduction should include:
- Hook – the first sentence that grabs reader’s attention
- Identification – brief intro to the subject that will be discussed
- Thesis statement – announcement of the process (or its aspect) you will explain
- Body paragraphs – this is where all the action happens, several paragraphs describe process step-by-step or they explain some process in a greater detail. Each paragraph should consist of:
- Support (topic) – every paragraph should focus on a specific part of the process and start with clear indication of a factor you’ll discuss
- Explain – self-explanatory, you need to explain how it works, what to do with it, and other important info
- Evidence – like other types of an essay, this type of paper requires using evidence to back up info you used
- Discuss – more information about some particular part of the process, its importance, how it fits into overall subject etc.
- Conclusion – your conclusion should contain a brief summary of the thesis and main parts of the process
While writing the process essay you can imagine like you’re working on a manual (regardless of the topic). The goal of that manual is to explain how some process works for a person who isn’t informed about it. Here are some tips that will help you:
- Before you start writing, research the topic thoroughly and take notes
- Make sure your essay is precise and coherent, but still features details that enhance its quality
- Assume your reader doesn’t know anything about it, otherwise, you’d skip important details because you think others know it already
- Write essay in a logical and chronological manner, like one step leads to another
- Explain the purpose of every step of the process, reader wants to know WHY it happens
- Use transitions such as: so that, then, now, next, furthermore, before
- Define all terms that aren’t common knowledge
- Avoid using imperative sentences because your essay would resemble more an instruction manual rather than a proper essay
- An easy way to make a great first impression every time
- Becoming a registered nurse
- Breaking from bad habits
- Car manufacture process
- Changing major at college
- How and why to change Facebook privacy settings
- How to become a real estate agent
- How to conduct a census
- How to finish all school assignments and still have time to for fun
- How to get an A without losing your mind
- How to look like a fashionista every day
- How to lose weight in a healthy manner
- How to overcome insomnia
- How to prepare for emergency disasters
- How to quit smoking
- How to take an amazing selfie
- How to train your husky
- Introduction to Bitcoin and how to get started
- Risk management process
- Simple strategy to get over your ex
- Simple tips to play Minecraft
- The budgeting process
- Tips to master League of Legends
- Writing a book review
Most students are used to writing argumentative, persuasive, and other types of papers and process essay may make you nervous, especially if you’ve never had this assignment before. First of all, it’s natural to be nervous. It shows you care! There’s a lot you can do to feel better and complete this assignment successfully. You just need the right tools such as:
Essay topic generator
You have the freedom to choose your own process essay topic? That’s fantastic! You can write about anything you’d like, but to come up with your topic quickly, you can use Edusson Magic Essay Topic Generator. The platform comes with thousands of essay topics that are going to inspire you, for sure. Just visit the website, enter a keyword or search for topics based on category or alphabet.
The secret to a high-quality essay and good grade is consistency and practice. The practice doesn’t just involve writing process essay to sharpen your skills, but reading someone else’s paper at the same time. Why? This helps you identify strengths and weaknesses of some essay in order to create your paper effectively. You get to avoid common mistakes and focus only on those parts that matter. Edusson Essay Examples is an amazing source of essay examples. It’s impossible not to learn or feel inspired when you have hundreds of essays to read.
Essay Samples for Inspiration
Describing a Mother and Her Role in Our Society
In fact, “Mother’s Role in the Society” is considered to be quite a sensitive and emotional topic for the discussion. Interestingly, nowadays there are many writers who highlight this issue in their literary works. In general, the mother can be described in various ways and in different situations.
Some examples, which can be used in a Mother Essay, are stated below: * Biologically, a mother is a social female parent of an offspring * Collectively, it is she who fulfills the main social role in raising the child But for the various definitions, there is one thing common throughout the whole world: each mother should be loved and respected. Actually, this factor should be emphasized by the society we are living in.
Explain 4 important events that led to Human Evolution
1. Cite and explain 4 important events that led to homosapiens/ sapiens from common ancestors.
Important events that led to homo sapiens from common ancestors are PHYSICAL CHANGES which are considered as CRUCIAL CHANGES for the human evolution. First, over 45Million years ago ancestors stood up with their two legs. Using this ability to walk around and be distinct with the other animals like chimps. Second, it’s over 3Million years ago that ancestors became clever with their hands.
This was the event of the “CREATION of TOOLS” wherein they were able to use the natural resources and some physical resources around them and utilize their usefulness to help them survive and to ease up their means of living. Third, over a Million years ago that human ancestors had observed their ever growing brains. It became bigger compared to that of a small size as chimps. Finally, for the fourth important change was that their larynx became to drop. All this time, just recently almost 200 years ago this change happens.
These very recent beings who have gone through these evolutionary changes called HOMOSAPIENS were able to effectively practice talking and enable themselves to engage into such conversation, sharing among themselves information and ideas.
Are there any arguments which work to prove the existence of God
In this essay it shall be discussed whether there are any arguments which work to prove the existence of God. The teleological and cosmological arguments shall be first discussed, criticised by showing their reliance on the ontological argument, which shall then be shown to be an inadequate argument. It will then be concluded that there appear to be no arguments which work to prove the existence of God.
The Teleological Argument
The teleological argument, or the argument from design, puts forward the claim that God's existence is proven by the evidence that the universe is so well ordered, and its contents complex, to the point that they must have been designed. If this is the case, then there must be a designer of the universe, and this designer can only be God. The strongest version of this argument is put forward by Paley. He claims that should he find a stone on the ground, he might suppose that it had always been there. However, should he then come across a watch, he could not hold this same supposition.
The Civil Rights Movement and the Effects
Music effects on human body
Causes and Effects of the Popularity of Fast Food Restaurants
Racial discrimination had permeated Americal society, especially in the South. Protesters used a variety of tactics from nonviolent passive resistance to politycal lobbying, to force societal change. The civil rights movement created a more inclusive America, one in which people of all races, ethnicities and genders increasingly enjoy legal.
The Civil Rights Movement and the Effects
After you finished writing the essay, you need to edit and proofread it. Some students prefer doing everything on their own, but the problem is that many mistakes are overlooked. Now it doesn’t have to be like that. Essay checker called Robot Don enables you to analyze and submit 100% error-free paper. Robot Don evaluates plagiarism, sentence structure, readability, word choice, the frequency of words used, and other aspects of your process essay.
Essay writing service
Edusson essay writing service is ideal for students who want to have a custom-made essay sample and for those who don’t have enough time to write it on their own. An amazing team of skilled, experienced, and talented native English speakers is here to help you out. All you need to do is to make your order and choose the writer. Edusson is fully transparent and all essays are written from scratch.
Essay editing service
Essay editing service at Edusson is ideal for students who wrote the process essay (or some other paper) and just need help with editing and proofreading process. Edusson gathered a team of talented editors and proofreaders who make sure your essay has no typos and grammar mistakes while improving style, formatting, organization, among other things.
The Best Articles from Edusson
The Edusson email digest is a weekly summary of the most popular and inspiring essay-related content. We curate the best so you can stay continually informed.